57mm Halftruck

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Sukin-kot (SVT)

57mm Halftruck

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Whats up with the range of this thing again? Why is it equals to pak range? Its a 250 MP vehicle hunter, pure nightmare for all axis vehicles, especially expensive once like Wirbelwind and Ostwind.

I think default range should be 65 ( still more than standart range for tanks ) and 70 from ambush.

JimQwilleran

Re: 57mm Halftruck

Post by JimQwilleran »

And make it useless, as it misses every second shot? It can't penetrate even Panzer IV E reliably. Again, Wirbelwind and Ostwind are not meant to be front line units, and they SHOULD die like that (turret armour - 10mm). The only advantage of this halftrack is it's range. So I don't see any problem here.
This is yet another time you just say "It's a true nightmare - nerf it". Please try to present some more elaborated arguments.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Guaranted counter to any light vehicles for 250 mp... its just too stupid that axis vehicles cant shoot it back because of its huge range. Also, you are not right, from the ambush it kills pz 4 E easily.

Axis 75mm halftruck's range got reduced to 65 and its doing fine currently, having a slight advantage gives you an opportunity to shoot first, without making in uncathable for opponent's vehicles.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Ambush = smaller range but pen and damage bonus. Thus killing Panzer IV from ambush can't be an argument for nerfing non-ambushed haltrack's range.

Axis 75mm ht has a purpose of killing tanks. Tanks are slower, that is why you dont need such a long range to catch them. Also it's quite a reliable weapon, can penetrate all range of allies' vehicles, more or less reliably, but almost all of them.

57mm can kill "only" light vehicles which are faster, can escape easier. Bigger range gives you a chance to catch them and kill. But this ht really has poor accuracy, you can ask devs if you dont belive me. If you removed the longer range, anything would just run away from this halftrack, it would be just useless. Even if it managed to lay a shot it would most probably miss.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I have to agree with Sukin, the US 57mm AT gun half-truck does currently have a ridiculous range... So, either reduce it to be same as the WH 75mm half-truck, or increase the range of the WH 75mm half-truck to be at the same level; it costs much more than the US 57mm half-truck.. being much slower as well, and also pretty bad against Churchills, Pershings and Jumbos! Since that the Axis 75mm L/48 AT guns were generally nerfed so much against those tanks recently.

Or maybe restrict the US 57mm AT gun half-truck to be available only after choosing the Armor doc...

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

Currently WH 75mm HT with this range is bullshit and no one using it. Any fight with enemy vehicles with this range will be a suicide for HT.
Same will be for US HT, which is like to miss few shots and die quickly to well-timing puma. Not even talking about fight with nerfed range for it

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Agreed.
I would also prefer not to decrease the range of the US 57mm half-truck, but to increase the range of the WH 75mm half-truck for sure on the other hand... I don't really know why MarKr managed to reduce its range on the last patch.. was such a bad idea to be honest; it doesn't even perform any well against Allied tanks in mid game.. just very poor vs Churchills and Jumbos.

Not to mention that it's absolutely ridiculous how the US 57mm half-truck actually out-ranges the WH 75mm half-truck somehow!