Bunker/MG-42 nest of PE

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
XAHTEP39

Bunker/MG-42 nest of PE

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Hi, mates!
Now start unit of PE - the panzergrenadiers - can build only a Bunker; a MG-42 nest (and Bunker of course) is available only for limited half-elite stormpioneers.
I remind, that other 3 fractions (US, WH, CW) can build MG nest by start unit.

My suggestion about PE MG-42 nest construction option of PE is easy:
- Panzergrenadiers can to build MG-42 nest;
- Panzergrenadiers can`t build Bunker (it is a simple infantry, not builders for concrete structure :) );
- Stormgrenadiers can build MG-42 nest and Bunker (It is Pioneers, mens with "engineering education" 8-) ) - it saved as current status.

Thanks for attions, Devs and community ! ;)

JimQwilleran

Re: Bunker/MG-42 nest of PE

Post by JimQwilleran »

That's a good idea I guess. Makes sense to me.

kwok
Team Member

Re: Bunker/MG-42 nest of PE

Post by kwok »

Personally, I'm not a fan of giving more ability to make emplacements, not even bunkers, for PE. I feel like they are already strong vehicle oriented and should keep that game play aspect. Allies are meant to be specialized (even though more and more they've become not) while Axis are typically more balanced. But, PE broke that mold by being specialized like Allies, maintaining something resembling fundamental balance. In my opinion, I think all factions/docs should either be specialized OR all factions/docs be balanced. Having a mixed causes a lot of "balance issues" that will never end purely because they are fundamentally different.

I feel there is nothing an MG bunker can do that something like a scout car can't. If you say well emplacements won't get shot by AT, then I'd say get a regular mobile MG42. If you say MG42 teams can be attacked by snipers and grenades, then I'd say get a scout car. If you say "that's circular" then I'd say no that's skill in choosing a unit and building an adequate formation to defend. I like the skill required by Axis to play as, which was missing for a while until recently.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.