units

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
heinrich_fritz13

units

Post by heinrich_fritz13 »

pls add some units. panzer 3, crusader tank, black prince,valentine tank, sexton, archer, maus, sturmtiger, panzer 2, locust tank, pak 44, flak 40, land matress, etc. i know you guys are professional. and balancing these units won't be much harder.

MarKr
Team Member

Re: units

Post by MarKr »

Wolf said this many times - new units might be added ONLY if there is a really good reason for adding them. And "It would be cool" is really not a good reason. There are many units in the BK as it is and still many are not used at all, or just seldom. I don't think there is any real need for more units.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

There are also like 20 units out there that I doubt people know about let alone use. For example the many halftracks, p3's, pak 88's, etc.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

heinrich_fritz13

i mean.. people will be less excited if a new update without new units come in.. people love plentiness. having many types of units at your disposal is also a form of realism where real generals have many units in their arsenal.. even though some of their units are not being used.. but when a certain engagements comes in where that unit is unique for that battle.. then it will be of use.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Of course, but at the moment, do you have a feeling that there is a situation for which there is not a unit that would handle it? Sure, not every unit is available to every doctrine but that is intention so that each doctrine has some weakness. So new units would not be added into these doctrines in order to fill the weak side because that would break the balance and adding a unit that has same purpose as another unit that already exists in the game is pointless.
So I am sorry, new units won't come in the next patch as they are not really needed. Like seriously...how often do you see in the game things such as Flakpanzer (that weird one withour rotating turret that Def doc has it), the Bren Carrier (currently nobody uses it because Daimler scout is more useful), Daimler armored car, and many of the Axis halftracks? There are like how many? 15 variants? And people use which ones? Stormtrooper version, the one with 75mm L/48 PaK, the one with Mortar....maybe sometimes the one for transport and as PE the Ambulance?
The ones with short 75mm guns are seldom used, the one with 37mm gun too, the one with 37mm flak also....new units would end up the same - not being used at all.

heinrich_fritz13

i understand that no new units will be added in the next patch... so you will not add any new units forever? :(

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

"forever" is heck of a long time and I cannot see that much into the future, but we don't plan adding any new units any time soon.

heinrich_fritz13

alright. i have a question sir.. someone from your team says that you don't have any modeller.. then how did you get all of the units for the blitzkrieg sir?
for me, blitzkrieg mod has the most detailed units ever. more sharp than coh itself...

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The current BK team has no moddeler. I think in the past, there was someone in the team who worked on models. Also I believe that some models were made by other people outside BK team - if the devs thought the model would be useful for the mod, they asked for permission to use the model.

heinrich_fritz13

oh.. i just hope that someday new units will be added.. oh btw.. is it possible for you guys to add a V-2 rocket? i mean no mod has ever done that yet.. except NHC mod. but it's graphically poor (like a falling sputnik).. perhaps you guys will be the first one to do it. or you may have done that already.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I read your suggestion topic for adding V2 and I don't think it is a good idea...appart from the fact that we do not have a model of V2 (no model means nothing to add really) the main and probably only reason for implementing it which you gave was (more or less) "It would be nice". Also It would take forever to recharge, it would be able to destroy huge part of any smaller map...you say "not usable in base sector" but these are often so small that if you send the rocket at the border of base sector, it would destroy opponent's base too (or a big part of base) and for Terror doctrine an ability for 400Ammo and 200 Fuel is extremely expensive if you consider that Terror usually saves as much fuel as possible for its late-game tanks which, if used correctly can cause more damage than this ability...I don't think it would be balanced or used.

heinrich_fritz13

i hope the maus tank will be added in the future as a reward unit for jagdtiger.. only called onced :)

Frost

Post by Frost »

heinrich_fritz13 wrote:i hope the maus tank will be added in the future as a reward unit for jagdtiger.. only called onced :)

If that happned then we will see Centurion and black prince then :D

Who knows maybe Tortoise as well ;)

heinrich_fritz13

yeah! someday! they will add these things :)

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Bk is a realistic mod, centurion, maus, black prince etc... all those prototypes will not be in bk for sure for the reason that they never saw combats during ww2, bk isn't a mod where you can have all the units in the world and be pvp (players versus players) balanced like a "potatoe", so nope, no new units simply because bk has already a lot, the balance is much more important For us than having useless and pvp balance breaking units who never saw the battlefields during the bk war period.

I know its disapointing for some gamers, but thats the way we want to keep the mod, quality over quantity, and thats why it is so successful among pvp players.

Regarding the only unit who could be "okay" in bk, would be maybe the Panzer III, but we have already almost all Panzer IV's variants in game, and the Panzer III became pretty useless after the 1943 African campaign, being quickly replaced by the Panzers IV's and their much more efficient 75mm anti tank guns, so again, no need to implement the Pz III in bk, it would be completely useless.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

@Panzerblitz1 , BK-mod shows very early versions of Pz. IV (ausf.D , ausf.E , ausf F1), which produced maximum until 1942. But last versions of Pz.III is produced in 1943 (it is same time of Pz.IV ausf.H) - it is versions ausf.L/M with 50-mm L/60 and "stubby" ausf. N with 75-mm L/24, moreover last versions of Pz.III is equipped by skirts, like as Pz.IV ausf.H.

So... Maybe it is possible to reconfigure all or some axis doctrines with last versions of Pz. III (long 50-mm and short 75-mm, 50+20-mm front armor and optional skirts), as early/middle-game tank, as rewarded/replaced of "stubby" Pz.IV and Sdkfz.234/2 Puma (50-mm).
There are models of Pz.III in "Africa 1943".

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

@Panzerblitz1 I see that Pz.III ausf. N is appeared in the google localization sheet of BK-mod.
Will be 3 standard "stubby" gun-fire mode - HE switch AP and single shoot HEAT ? Is available optional side skirts?

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Answer about news models are not fully honnest or complete. Most free models have been used by BK. BK have no and afaik never had 3D modelers. COH is rather on the decline, and is about completly on 3d work, even I heard about someone working on Karl gerat morser. If it s stay some free models, it could be polemic like the maus or simply useless. Panzer III used at Afrika are from Eastern front, AFAIK. If EF devs gave permission to Justforfun for Afrika, I m not sure they gave for Blitzkrieg. Add to this, EF can give permission, let peoples works, then remove permission without explainations.
I dont know when the last free model was released and announced at Relic news, but it was probably a long time ago. Point the desert relic news COH mod part, have become is symptomatic of overall coh mods.

It is even interreting to see people wanting new models just to have something new. Lassitude ? Really Panzer III seems not a great improvement for BK, and can even be see as historically arguable. At COH time PZ III were probably rare or had been converted in stug.

Point when I said not honnest, is not the baddest interpretation you have to understand. Simply it s never pleasant to confront sad reality. COH tend to resist surprizingly well, but mods tend to die slowly.

heinrich_fritz13

maus did see combat.. it was kept secret by the allies though.. i heard one battle involving a maus tank and some elements of the US army. the maus tank is dug-in. and a tractor buried it while it's crew are still on it..

there is no unbalance if you make the maus as a reward unit for king tiger or jagdtiger.. as long as it can only be called once.. fact is.. the jagdtiger is more armored than maus frontally.
NHC has the maus model.. you can ask for it..

also the Sturmtiger as a reward unit for sturmpanzer IV because it's more fitting than the grille.

i'm also concerned about the grille one shot policy.. just if possible. make it fire like a wespe instead..

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

heinrich_fritz13 wrote:maus did see combat.. it was kept secret by the allies though.. i heard one battle involving a maus tank and some elements of the US army. the maus tank is dug-in. and a tractor buried it while it's crew are still on it..

there is no unbalance if you make the maus as a reward unit for king tiger or jagdtiger.. as long as it can only be called once.. fact is.. the jagdtiger is more armored than maus frontally.
NHC has the maus model.. you can ask for it..

also the Sturmtiger as a reward unit for sturmpanzer IV because it's more fitting than the grille.

i'm also concerned about the grille one shot policy.. just if possible. make it fire like a wespe instead..

1) The Maus NEVER saw combat, and will not integrate Bk Mod.

2) The SturmTiger is available, but it is not possible to implement it in Bk for balance reasons.

3) Like Jalis said, all COH existing models available who are legit can be used like the EF Panzer III BUT needs the owner / mod approval (again), and it takes a LOT of time to deal such things, after you need to find the perfect place for this unit with the right settings to not brake the balance, and this takes a lot of times too.

heinrich_fritz13

the sturmtiger is short range and has to lockdown to fire.. and it's ammo cost much.. compare it with sturmpanzer which is auto firing and no ammo consumption.. i see no imbalance for the sturmtigers behalf..

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I think Sturmtiger could be implemented actually, with the same mechanics as AVRE Churchill.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

With his 380mm rocket shells (350 Kg) who can travel up to 6 km, + 150mm frontal armor... it makes the churchill 290mm mortar spigot tiny in comparison, the damaging effect of the SturmTiger rocket would be more like the V1 in game, lol, many years ago we tried to implemented it, but it was impossible, PvP's games would be cursed with that unit, even if we slow the fire rate as hell, without talking how boring it will be in game for players who bought that "arty sitting duck" Panzer for quite a lot of CP's doing anything than waiting to reload or get smashed by airstrikes, and making this unit look like the Stupa is ridiculous, the Stupa is doing a great job and fit perfectly the PvP Bk gameplay.

We can't implement units in Bk just for the sake of having units, it need to fit a purpose, every units in bk, even if some are not used often have a purpose, and they are not breaking the balance, this is not (for now) the case of the SturmTiger, actually i can even tell you more about it, for the little story, when EF team tried to implement the ST in their mod it was a catastrophy regarding the balance, and their damage setings are less realistic than ours, so imagine, they had to remove it pretty quickly from the game, and having a ST acting like a Stupa with similar datas is a complete nonsense.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Omg but u can't disagree that M1 Abrams would be cool here, omg plz add it asap...

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Leopard 2 will be more balanced! Possible to deploy from the HQ :P But must be limited to only once... For balance reasons :D