Flame nades.

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Krieger Blitzer

Flame nades.

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Ok, so.. i recently had 50 inf kills with a 101st airborne squad only using fire grenades... :D I had absolutely no weapons equipped; just M1 Carbines :P

How about nerfing the flame grenades?? They are quite OP, whatever as AB.. SE or even Terror docs.

Maybe ALL flame grenades should be significantly more expensive? Or, what about applying a timer before the explosion just like normal grenades?! They shouldn't explode instantly i think.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Re: Flame nades.

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Maybe lower phosphor nades ammo for ab and terror but not se cause they already need 2 cp and don't forget it has no offensive unit's atleast it make inf a bit more offensive:)

Edit: I mean higher not lower lol*
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Krieger Blitzer

I would just like to bring up this topic once again.

My main focus of this, is the AB doc... As it is currently one of the best doctrines of the game, 101st squads are absolute killers... Luft inf stand no chance against cheap 101st squads + flames; even Terror Grenadiers can't do much. As they can't keep reinforcing from the air, they also require quite a lot of time to deploy. While the AB units are instantly dropped from the air! in support of snipers and Quads + air planes.. with the use of flame nades as well... It soon becomes pointless fighting versus AB.

Recently I had so many games where I easily crushed my opponents with AB doc.. but also lost quickly against it in the rematch!

I think flame nades should be significantly more expensive for ALL. Or, to implement a timer before the explosion... OR just restrict the availability of flame grenades only to the 82nd and HQ AB squads. 101st should have it no longer I guess! It's just too much.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I stopped reading last post after "luft info can't stand a chance against 101s" that's totall bullshit, luft shred all this AB as if they were rifles, this flame nades is the only thing which prevents from being completely overwhelmed.

I would say no to any flame made nerfes, in past they already got AoE reduced, longer cooldown and higher price, enough of that.

Krieger Blitzer

I stopped reading last post after "luft info can't stand a chance against 101s" that's totall bullshit, luft shred all this AB as if they were rifles

I didn't directly compare the Luft inf with 101st or AB inf in general, since I am totally aware that Luft inf are definitely stronger.. however, what i said was; Luft inf stand no chance against cheap 101st + flame nades in support of air planes + snipers and Quads. As I was more like comparing the AB doc as a whole, with the Luft doc on the other hand... And i think the AB doc has proven to me much more flexible than Luft doc.

his flame nades is the only thing which prevents from being completely overwhelmed.

The only thing? Hmm, again.. what about AA turrets?! Quad half-trucks? Snipers? If I were to be more accurate, i would honestly never say that it's the only thing anyhow.

I would say no to any flame made nerfes, in past they already got AoE reduced, longer cooldown and higher price, enough of that.

Currently flame nades cost only 20 ammo.. in my opinion, this is just too low for what it does!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Here we go again.....US has 1000000 billion units multiplied with x10000. They always have everything for 0 cost.....

Dude....If they get 5 101st squads, quad, snipers and idk what else.... what the heck did you all the time that you got only a single reg5? PE has early 300 MP 20 mm vehicles.... good for early game combined with inf and 50 mm pak.

At this base the discussion is pointless. Or shall i start with stories where i burned an entire SAS squad just by ambushing them with a 3 men Hauptsturmführer squad?

Or why does nobody ever complains that SS squad does not get fire nades after SE upgraden (maybe it got fixed in recent patches idk).
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Wh1tetiger

Post by Wh1tetiger »

Warhawks97 wrote:Here we go again.....US has 1000000 billion units multiplied with x10000. They always have everything for 0 cost.....

Dude....If they get 5 101st squads, quad, snipers and idk what else.... what the heck did you all the time that you got only a single reg5? PE has early 300 MP 20 mm vehicles.... good for early game combined with inf and 50 mm pak.

At this base the discussion is pointless. Or shall i start with stories where i burned an entire SAS squad just by ambushing them with a 3 men Hauptsturmführer squad?

Or why does nobody ever complains that SS squad does not get fire nades after SE upgraden (maybe it got fixed in recent patches idk).

You was alltime more allies player if i remember correct. But now i agree with them, what need netf flame gramade on 101 .... This is bad joke....
and 101 ease destroy ALL light vehicle and medium tanks axis.... play more and you will see what i mean.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Warhawks an all time allied player? Most definitely not... Definitely not...
And 101 easily destroying all light vehicles? Not after the 2nd RR got removed. Otherwise, ANY squad with 2 handheld AT techinically "easily destroys ALL light vehicle and medium tanks" (except maybe the useless piats).

I think flame grenades in general share the same "problem". It's a matter of how much do devs want to reward micro. A really good micro skilled player will almost carry and entire anti-inf game using just flame grenades. How it should be "fixed", I really don't know but maybe extend cooldown so that it can't be used so often in a fight (maybe once per engagement which means a loooong cool down). This way a single unit can't just keep tossing and tossing wiping out squad after squad.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

I'm not really in favour of flame nades nerf, i think they're fine now, tho i'd like to suggest an other option IF they need some tuning: maybe their range could be decreased just a bit (and i mean very very little and for all units capable of throwing them)? After 2-3 vets it becomes quite huge, almost very useful even in mid range combat, i've been impressed by that both while using and facing those units. I know it's part of that "reward" you get from vets, but flames can hurt so bad even the most veted units. I don't have the knowledge to say if this would affect frag nades range as well so mine is just a suggestion.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Actually, this I think to balance this flame nades should not be able to be thrown at all. They should become a stationary emplacement.

P.S. This was made for balance issues