Vetted inf.

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Krieger Blitzer

Vetted inf.

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Some people always complain about unbeatable inf squads such as Reg5 and SAS or whatever... But actually, any infantry unit (including even Engineers btw) seem to be completely immortal whenever they become Vet 4 or 5.
Basically, it's like they are made of metal or something!!

The maximum veterancy level of tanks is 4, and the maximum Vet level for vehicles is just 3.. while the maximum level of infantry is 5! Which is pretty stupid to be honest.

What about removing both the levels 5 and 4 from all inf?? Inf units shouldn't reach any higher veterancy levels than 3.. in my opinion!!

Warhawks97

Re: Vetted inf.

Post by Warhawks97 »

The vehicles in return get a good boost per level. Actually the vcoh vet boosts which you can see in coh wiki. Same for paks (thats why US pak vets are way better than axis vets for paks when it comes to damage output while axis paks survive a bit longer).

Inf has many vets with decent boosts at each. In total the boost inf gets is almost insane, not even to mention leader boosts. When you have both there is nothing that is left untouched. Reload time, HP, self heal, damage, accuracy, cooldown, received accuracy/damage/suppression..... everything gets simply buffed (except basic moving speed).

What get tanks per vet? So far reload time and accuracy buff, only last one buffs survivability.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

True, agreed with almost everything u said...
everything gets simply buffed (except basic moving speed).

But even the moving speed is boosted btw.. don't forget the CW Lieutenant bonuses! :P

I would really want to see both the veterancy levels 4 and 5 removed from all infantry.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

A question about vets of tanks/vehicles:
Why some tanks/vehicles didn`t get veterancy (or get but it is not displayed? ) ?
e.g. Sdkfz.221 /Scout Car/ (one shreds dozens infantry, but it is without vet) or Nashorn (one destroy several tanks, but it is without vet), although Tank Commander get vetlevels in Nashorn... :shock:

P.S. Probably veterancy level of some vehicles is not displayed in "Historical-Addon" ? :?

Krieger Blitzer

Vets are there, but they are simply not displayed sometimes due to screen resolution issues.. but I faced this issue before even without the historical add-on installed.

CoH is best played at 1920x1080!

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Well as i told you before Tiger, to get Vet 5 infantry unit, you'll have to be very good to preserve that unit, and if its made in PvP i applause you, its not common to get rank 5 infantry squad and keep them live, for that (like i already told you) you deserve a candie, and the candie will be an excellent fighting unit, so all is fine, and will not be changed.

Krieger Blitzer

True, so yes; that's fine then! I have no problems with it at all... :)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Well as i told you before Tiger, to get Vet 5 infantry unit, you'll have to be very good to preserve that unit, and if its made in PvP i applause you, its not common to get rank 5 infantry squad and keep them live, for that (like i already told you) you deserve a candie, and the candie will be an excellent fighting unit, so all is fine, and will not be changed.

Back in the days it was the most normal thing to have vet 5 stormtooper. It was rather rare not to have them vet 5 or 4, especially the leader squad.

But i think recently it got also changed (as intended) and now they also need more exp to vet just like other elite infantry.

However, there are lot of tanks that are also never on max vet or which are hard to get on max vet. Special inf killer tanks or special powerfull TD´s shooting from well ambushed positions most liekly reach that max vet. But most normal or common tanks do not. If i see tanks on max vet then its most likely a Panther, HE sherman or jagdpanzer IV/70. All other tank types at max vet are rather a rare sighting.

So for me its not really an argument. I would applaud to a guy with vet 4 CW standard sherman or even firefly just as i would do to a guy who gets a vet 5 rifle squad. In fact i would say its even more common to have the most basic inf (volks/rifles) on vet 5 as to have tanks like Jagdtiger, CW shermans or cromwells at max vet. Personally i managed to get several vet 5 rifle sqauds in a single game but never got CW sherman that far.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

The things I got max veted in my life was mostly rangers and 101, next was arty (priest, howizer cromwell), also Recce (that annoying mf xD). Sometimes some TD, and of course Panther and Walking stuka! I dont think it's a big deal really, veted units are very common. I have seen veted volks doing better on the battlefield than luft and stormtroopers :D

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

We are talking about infantry veterancy, if you often succeed to keep your Vet. 5 unit in your pvp games live with the latest Bk tweak, then again i applause you, the only infantry unit who got the most chances to reach Vet. 5 often if well managed is the Sniper unit, im not saying its impossible to have Vet. 5 units in game right? im just saying its more hard, regarding amor you're right, but its armor ;) armor can't retreat to HQ or retreat points, and are a complete different story, in conclusion, Vet. 5 in Bk is fine, and don't affect the balance or the game play.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:We are talking about infantry veterancy, if you often succeed to keep your Vet. 5 unit in your pvp games live with the latest Bk tweak, then again i applause you, the only infantry unit who got the most chances to reach Vet. 5 often if well managed is the Sniper unit, im not saying its impossible to have Vet. 5 units in game right? im just saying its more hard, regarding amor you're right, but its armor ;) armor can't retreat to HQ or retreat points, and are a complete different story, in conclusion, Vet. 5 in Bk is fine, and don't affect the balance or the game play.

?

Hm sooo.... its easier most of the time to get vet 5 inf (generally speaking) while other unit types are reaching max vet less often and if then only special exemplars (which illa posted: Arty->Priest and stuka, Vehicles->Recce, Tanks->Panther, some TD´s).

Its also easier to keep vet 5 inf alive as opposed to max vet vehicles which afterall get hit and killed by Paks and other AT just as fast as without vet and as inf has these nice retreat button.
So i still cant see the justification that inf has so many vets or rather: Why inf vets give the most powerfull boosts.

Besides that we have to keep the side boosts for inf in some docs in mind as well: Just saying def doc immortal unlock upgrade.

I mean what would people say if vehicles and tanks would have 5 vets as well. And if those would increase HP and damage, adding constant self healing, buffing armor, reducing taken damage (from all sources), making them harder to hit, reducing reload time etc.

Not that i am up for that, just curious for your answer to that theoretical question.
For me it sounds like: "Its ok that inf becomes immortal warriors with vet, but tanks and vehicles not. And i dont care how hard it is to get most tanks/vehicles on max and how hard it is to keep them alive".

As i said, its even more probable to get the weakest combat unit on max vet (just saying def doc pios that picked a schreck) and alive as to get a CW sherman on max vet and alive.

Anyway, its just kind of a question. I guess that most players like it the way it is with large focus on inf as core of everything (defense, offense, urban combat, field combat, close/long range combat, anti inf/anti tank warfare). Guess it makes things simply easier.

Krieger Blitzer

Well, to be honest.. what made me complain about Vet.5 for inf is not the 5th veterancy level itself... As it's more about the infantry themselves I think!
We have to keep in mind that not only inf units can retreat and reinforce.. but they also gain extra bonuses such as cover bonuses, officer bonuses... Not to mention the doctrinal veterancy unlocks too. While tanks can't do that on the other hand!
That's why I believed it's a little bit too annoying or might be even stupid to have any inf squads with so much boosts... They also become immune to airstrikes!!! Just saying ^^

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Warhawks97 wrote:For me it sounds like: "Its ok that inf becomes immortal warriors with vet, but tanks and vehicles not. And i dont care how hard it is to get most tanks/vehicles on max and how hard it is to keep them alive".

Yes its ok that Infantry units get more tough in combat in vet.5 because they'll NEVER be immortal anyway ;) , show me immortal infantry units in bK?, in front of infantry, sure they'll kick ass, but if you succeed to get a vet.5 unit, well they better be good? no? im not talking about vehicles/positions, and yes i prefer tough infantry unit rather to see tough tanks.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Panzerblitz1 wrote: and yes i prefer tough infantry unit rather to see tough tanks.

alright, explains everything. We two cant discuss it further if you have such a "base".

And just saying: Take a vet 0 stuart or vet 0 CW sherman vs vet 0 inf squad (doesnt matter which) with schreck. Doesnt matter if field, inf gotta win this for sure.

So i see, inf is supposed to be the "armored force" in BK. Nice to know.

Krieger Blitzer

Warhawks97 wrote:
Panzerblitz1 wrote: and yes i prefer tough infantry unit rather to see tough tanks.

alright, explains everything. We two cant discuss it further if you have such a "base".

And just saying: Take a vet 0 stuart or vet 0 CW sherman vs vet 0 inf squad (doesnt matter which) with schreck. Doesnt matter if field, inf gotta win this for sure.

So i see, inf is supposed to be the "armored force" in BK. Nice to know.

Wait, he didn't exactly mean that inf should be the armored force in BK. Neither it is absolutely true that inf with handheld AT weapons would more likely win against any tanks in most situations like u r trying to say.. maybe just against those ones which are not anti-infantry focused. But other tanks like PzIVs F1 or 75mm US Shermans... Can be such a pain in the ass for any inf squads! I guess this is a fact that is undeniable I think.

I don't really want it so bad to remove the veterancy level 5 of infantry squads.
Although I admit it "could" be nice to try... But if it's not changed.. or if it simply stays as it is, then I am totally fine with it! No doubt.
Last edited by Krieger Blitzer on 04 Jul 2016, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Well panzerschreks were meant to take out Shermans at the first hit, same for panzerfausts, in bk you need 2/3 hits, so yeah, it will reckt your tank, whats wrong with that? I don't see a problem here, to come back to the topic there is absolutely nothing wrong having Vet.5 infantry unit in Bk, but some tweaks will be made to nerf a bit the Fallsh only at cover.

Krieger Blitzer

to come back to the topic there is absolutely nothing wrong having Vet.5 infantry unit in Bk, but some tweaks will be made to nerf a bit the Fallsh only at cover.

Alright, that's absolutely fine then!