WH tank commanders

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
aufklaerer1912

WH tank commanders

Post by aufklaerer1912 »

Hi, i was wondering why WH tank commanders (terror and blitz docs) are available only in the last tank factory.. I mean wouldn't be better to shift them to the panzer factory or inf barrack to make medium tanks like stugs and PZ iv more appealing to use? I don't see many of 'em in online matches

Warhawks97

Re: WH tank commanders

Post by Warhawks97 »

Such a discussion already occured. We placed the same question but i am not sure what has been the reasons that denied such a switch.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

nashorn251

Post by nashorn251 »

So is there any reason why I must pay so much fuel for the tank commander?

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Good point, i support the idea, tank commanders should be available for medium tanks too not just heavy.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Agree

aufklaerer1912

Post by aufklaerer1912 »

Thanks guys .. I hope that MarKr or Wolf should consider this idea for the next patch :)

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I remember that there was some reason... but now I can't recall it :D. However with recent slight axis nerfs it would be nice to see that change. I think that especially BK doc would take advantage of that with their Panzer IV spam :D.

Yafa

Post by Yafa »

i also agree

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

the reason was pretty simple, before (long time ago) people were whinning because the Panzers were too strong (which was the case in general) so accessing to "early" tank commanders gave Panzers even more strengh in battle.

aufklaerer1912

Post by aufklaerer1912 »

Ok time ago it was a resonable thing, but now with fixed sherman 76 against pz ivs and fixed churchills I think would be right to change because pz iv and stugs are very poorly used in favor to only tigers and moreover panthers :)

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

devil's advocate not necessarily what i think:
the early game tanks comparison I think favors axis with the stug and hetzers (as well as long barreled panzers). they act as good anti tank while shermans are more all arounders. for this reason, if WH had access to earlier commanders then the early axis tanks would be too much of a counter for allies to consider early tanks.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

kwok wrote:devil's advocate not necessarily what i think:
the early game tanks comparison I think favors axis with the stug and hetzers (as well as long barreled panzers). they act as good anti tank while shermans are more all arounders. for this reason, if WH had access to earlier commanders then the early axis tanks would be too much of a counter for allies to consider early tanks.

I think so too.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

counter counter advocate:
because of the way the axis tech is structured and how effective its lower tier units are, it is often a easier route to skip t3 all together and go for the t4 heavy hitters. not REALLY an argument for lower requirement tank commander, just wanted to mention why the medium tanks aren't ever used in the first place. they might once tank commanders come in earlier, but then i think axis would be too strong.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

i think commanders are fine, they aren't a balance issue now, but if we decide to move them to earlier production, it might be "again" a big problem... so i don't think its a good idea.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Ya, I also think it's totally fine as it is currently.
But btw.. this is one reason why the 76 Shermans should never reload faster! (Some people were wondering before about why the Pz4 is actually reloading faster than the Sherman)
Since that as US; u can have ur TC deployed from barracks on the other hand!

I am finishing my exams next Wednesday... After, I'll hopefully book my flight back to Qatar! I just can't really wait to play BK once again :P I keep telling myself about it almost every single post like a mad right now :lol: