Sandbag models

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
mrminister

Sandbag models

Post by mrminister »

Could the sandbag models please be improved? Currently they look like blocks of concrete painted like sandbags. Coh2 have a much better sandbag model, so something like that would be much better.

kwok
Team Member

Re: Sandbag models

Post by kwok »

is there an existing model out there? (Even if there is it prob won't happen, too low on priorities)
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

mrminister

Post by mrminister »

I don't know if it would be possible to rip the sanbag model from Company of Heroes 2, if it did, then that could be an option.

The vanilla sandbags are a very big eyesore, in an otherwise great game and great mod.

SteamID_razelazz

Post by SteamID_razelazz »

PLEASE

corpse models would literally be less of an eye-sore

unless there's way to DL and install custom sandbag models?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I'm not really that well versed in software lingo, but I think it is impossible to port models between games because they use different api's. Coh1 is on directx9 and I think coh2 on 11 or something. Maybe if there is a sandbag model for Coh 1 out there, you bring it here and share it, and someone can help you import it into your game. I might now how to do that? But I wouldn't know how it would affect your ability to play with others.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Yafa

Post by Yafa »

what is good about coh2 sandbags model? all coh2 models and animation sucks.
coh1 sandbags are good enough !

mrminister

Post by mrminister »

kwok wrote:Maybe if there is a sandbag model for Coh 1 out there, you bring it here and share it, and someone can help you import it into your game. I might now how to do that? But I wouldn't know how it would affect your ability to play with others.

I think there actually is a type of sandbag already in the game, it is usually only located as already built emplacements on maps. They look great, and might be usable?