Some micro changes that will improve the micro^^

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.

Do you agree the the suggestions?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3

Jagdpanther

Some micro changes that will improve the micro^^

Post by Jagdpanther »

I wish i could do a poll for each suggestion but i don't have the option so pls specify what suggestion you dont agree with or if you don't agree with all of them. Thanx

1. Hold Position button. Why do we have to press it again to deactivate the option? Don't you think it would be better to deactivate itself automatically when you move the squad? I often forget to deactivate it and my squad remains in the same place = frustration.
EDIT: It seems i was using it wrong all this time^^, the halt button does the same thing so ignore this suggestion.

2. Disable camo button for AT guns? Why do we have to press it again to deactivate the option? Don't you think it would be better to deactivate itself automatically when you move the gun like the mg squads do? I often forget to deactivate it and my AT gun remains in the same place = frustration.

3. Face weapon button. Why it's only for mgs? I think it should be also for AT guns, it's faster to turn the weapon with this ability especially for those infinite circles we all know when a light vehicle tries to kill the crew of the AT gun and you try to turn the AT gun towards the vehicle.

Last edited by Jagdpanther on 17 May 2016, 01:00, edited 2 times in total.

JimQwilleran

Re: Some micro changes that will improve the micro^^

Post by JimQwilleran »

I don't think that points no. 1 & 2 are possible due to engine limitations.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

1, defeats the purpose of hold position if it doesn't hold position. i like knowing if i right click, it won't move. which means if i wanted to right click on another unit to focus fire, my units won't go "chasing" to come into AI engage range. limitation or not, i don't agree.

2, is possible to make it "always active" and set a timer for how long until activated.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

kwok wrote:1, defeats the purpose of hold position if it doesn't hold position. i like knowing if i right click, it won't move. which means if i wanted to right click on another unit to focus fire, my units won't go "chasing" to come into AI engage range. limitation or not, i don't agree.

Good point Kwok.

kwok wrote:2, is possible to make it "always active" and set a timer for how long until activated.

So they would work like snipers or spotters in cover?

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

kwok wrote:1, defeats the purpose of hold position if it doesn't hold position. i like knowing if i right click, it won't move. which means if i wanted to right click on another unit to focus fire, my units won't go "chasing" to come into AI engage range. limitation or not, i don't agree.

I'm pretty sure most people like i do use the hold position button mainly because the squad instantly focuses on shooting and not finding cover and because of this, the firing is more concentrated so it kills the enemy faster. The best example is with smg squads, they are useless at long range so people (myself included) often rush them close to the enemy then press "hold position" for concentrated fire. Your case with focus fire is pretty rarely used vs the one i explained above. Plus as i said, im pretty sure im not the only one forgetting to press it back in a tense battle, this is worse than your reason.

BK is one of the hardest games out there considering the micro since it has so many units and abilities and i think we should improve it as much as we can.

2, is possible to make it "always active" and set a timer for how long until activated.

Why not just copy the code from the mg's? The eye button. Why that wouldn't work? Because with your suggestion, it will always be camouflaged until moved but what if i dont't want it camouflaged so the enemy can see its a "you shall not pass" zone.

Jim are you sure it's engine limitation? Are you a coder?
Last edited by Jagdpanther on 16 May 2016, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

1. Another option is to hit halt to shoot, they will stand still and shoot. As for worse than my reason, have you ever used long range small arms, try to shoot something, forget about them, and then they go running off to kill themselves cuz the enemy retreated? I'd like the option to make sure my units stay where I want them always instead of basically having a second halt button. Cuz that's sort of what you sound like you want.

2. sorry, i misunderstood. So, I guess that's possible, would just need to make a new ability because the "shoot or not shoot" targeting would need to be different.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

kwok wrote:1. Another option is to hit halt to shoot, they will stand still and shoot. As for worse than my reason, have you ever used long range small arms, try to shoot something, forget about them, and then they go running off to kill themselves cuz the enemy retreated? I'd like the option to make sure my units stay where I want them always instead of basically having a second halt button. Cuz that's sort of what you sound like you want.

Yea it seems the halt button does the same thing, i guess i used it wrong, my bad^^

This button is official vanilla coh button or it was made up?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Yeah vcoh.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Jagdpanther wrote:Jim are you sure it's engine limitation? Are you a coder?

I am not sure, that is why I wrote "I think". If I was sure, I would write "I am sure". Don't ask me if I am sure, if I am not sure, you get me for sure?

Jagdpanther wrote:Why not just copy the code from the mg's? The eye button. Why that wouldn't work? Because with your suggestion, it will always be camouflaged until moved but what if i dont't want it camouflaged so the enemy can see its a "you shall not pass" zone.

This idea is quite not bad :D.