Abilities of SE SturmPioneers and Saboteors

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
XAHTEP39

Abilities of SE SturmPioneers and Saboteors

Post by XAHTEP39 »

In topic about SE SturmPionees (http://forum.bkmod.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=985&start=25#p10838) was note about strange upgrades of SE SturmPioneers (hidden MP-40):
Spoiler: show
Wake wrote:The upgrades and abilities with Sturmpioneers are a little weird with SE.
Pretty much, there are only 3 upgrade "slots" that they get. Normally, they can get a flamethrower for 65 munition, or 2 MP40s for 25 munition. They also have the "hold position" button.
However, if you go SE doc, then they get more upgrades. They can now get 2 flamethrowers instead of 1, but the MP40s are "replaced" by a fire bomb upgrade and an incendiary bundle grenade upgrade. Their hold position button also gets "replaced" by the ability to plant the fire bomb. However, the MP40 upgrade didn't dissapear. If you get the fire bomb upgrade, then the MP40 upgrade reveals itself, because it was "hidden" under the fire bomb.

It is very uncomfortable moment, becouse at start MP-40-upgrade is hidden by inactive flame-bundle&falame-bomb -> you must to spend 2 CP for "flame-upgrade" -> flame-bundle and flame-bomb will be available -> "hidden" MP-40 will be available.
It is importand, that Luft and TH SturmPioneers can be equiped MP-40 at start!

SUGGESTION

The Flame-bomb is very narrow use (and this upgrade replaces common HE-bomb), becouse common the HE-bomb is good too.
Accordingly, I suggest to remove Flame-bomb from SturmPioneers (HE-bomb will be save) and to add it to call-in Sabotage-squad (5CP!) at start (i.e. without dependence of 2CP "Flame-munition"-ability).
So MP-40-upgrade of SE SturmPioneers will be correct available (Flame-bundle-upgrade will be save too).

Sabotage-squad has empty places in screen of abilities for add flame-bomb:
screen of additional abiltues:

I sure, that this replacement will not make great power of Sabotage-squad, but make this even more specialized.
Cost of Flame-bomb 50 ammo for Sabotage-squad instead 60 ammo for current SE SturmPioneers, becouse Sabotage-squad is special behind front-line unit.

aufklaerer1912

Re: Abilities of SE SturmPioneers and Saboteors

Post by aufklaerer1912 »

+1 I agree totally

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I ve never used this flame bomb, is it effective?

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:I ve never used this flame bomb, is it effective?

The main purpose of my suggestion of displacement is correct "MP-40-upgrade" of SE SturmPioneers.
So, displacement of Flame-bomb exactly to Sabotage-squad follows from the main purpose (correct MP-40s unlock) as the measure to save unique weapon (Flame-bomb) of faction.

@Sukin-Kot
According to my impressions, HE-bomb is more effective, than Flame-bomb on open terrain; HE-bomb has bigger AoE (better vs vehicles), although Flame-bomb has additional continual flame (better vs static strong buildings). However post-explosion flame is a little "spot" in compare with single 81-mm mortar HT "flame-shot" and mine of Swimmwagen.
I would like to increase the post-explosion flame-area that total efficiency Flame-bomb will be equal as HE-bomb.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Upgrades and abilities sorted out in 4.6.9 beta. Topic closed on demand of topic creator.