Prolonge building time and ammo cost for artillery strikes

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
ursus

Prolonge building time and ammo cost for artillery strikes

Post by ursus »

I think it would be good idea to rise cost of artillery shots (or reload time). Now they cost a bit more then hand granade, around 50 ammo.
If you double the price of each shot then the game would be more dynamic.
To prevent sim city emplacements (against which you need art) it would be nice to prolonge building time.
So we would have less emplacements and more time to play between artillery strikes.

JimQwilleran

Re: Prolonge building time and ammo cost for artillery strik

Post by JimQwilleran »

And what is going to happen with arty oriented docs, Brit's arty and SE? How do you want to balance taking 50% of doc's power away?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

JimQwilleran wrote:And what is going to happen with arty oriented docs, Brit's arty and SE? How do you want to balance taking 50% of doc's power away?

not to mention even: How to counter heavy campy situations. I would say that arty plays a cruicial role in keeping games dynamic. Thats why i was against a limit of nebler or howitzers.

At the end we would end up in spending 200 or more ammo just to knock out a pak emplacment. Not to mention even improved RE and def doc emplacments.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

ursus

Post by ursus »

That why I would prolonge building time. Now you have game with 10 emplacements. If you let opponent to build 1st emplacement shortly after that they pop up like mushrooms after the rain. 3v3 games in wich 1 side play def + se and other double art doc arent dynimic at all, if you dont count number of shells fire.

All art doc have disent unit beside artillery ones, maybe SE has less versitile units (but not sure in that too).
Idk how to ballance art vs tank doc, maybe a bit better AT unit (SE has noshorn).

That is just one view to this subject becouse I played a lot matches that end up in exhousting artillery ping-pong.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

ursus wrote:That why I would prolonge building time. Now you have game with 10 emplacements. If you let opponent to build 1st emplacement shortly after that they pop up like mushrooms after the rain.

Ok so imagine. 1st minute of the game. Def player start building a bunker (prolonged, it takes 10 min xD). Even in those 10 minutes no one is going to get any arty. So prolonged build time didn't prevent camping player from camping. And now arty player has to pay 2 times more... Is that balance?? To be honest, nothing personal, this idea is inconsiderate.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Maybe play larger maps?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

ursus wrote:I think it would be good idea to rise cost of artillery shots (or reload time). Now they cost a bit more then hand granade, around 50 ammo.

Max ammo reserves are 600, so 50-125 ammo per arty volley is normal price.
Perhaps, cost of infantry explosions, such as Hand grenade/Bundle-grenade/Flame-grenade/Geballte ladung, should be reduced (for example = 10/25/15/35 ammo) in compare with present price of arty shells.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

XAHTEP39 wrote:
ursus wrote:I think it would be good idea to rise cost of artillery shots (or reload time). Now they cost a bit more then hand granade, around 50 ammo.

Perhaps, cost of infantry explosions, such as Hand grenade/Bundle-grenade/Flame-grenade/Geballte ladung, should be reduced (for example = 10/25/15/35 ammo) in compare with present price of arty shells.

Yeah, grenades are too expensive. 25 for a normal grenade and 50 for a big one is really a lot (considering for 50-55 you have arty strikes)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Kasbah wrote:
XAHTEP39 wrote:

Yeah, grenades are too expensive. 25 for a normal grenade and 50 for a big one is really a lot (considering for 50-55 you have arty strikes)

we have 15 for allis. Those have much shorter range but shorter cooldown and better AoE compared to axis. The Axis cost 25 because of their range.

But i agree that the grenade cost in comparision to arty barrages arent that good. When i am playing BK doc with stroms and against defenses for which i need the 50 ammo abilties i am usually out of ammo quite fast, considering that a single emplacment cost me up to 50-100 ammo (50 when using assault ability, 50 when i use the nade bundle).

Thought idk how to make the cost ratio better. 15 ammo for axis nade with their range wouldnt be nice either i think.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Warhawks97 wrote:we have 15 for allis. Those have much shorter range but shorter cooldown and better AoE compared to axis. The Axis cost 25 because of their range.

But i agree that the grenade cost in comparision to arty barrages arent that good. When i am playing BK doc with stroms and against defenses for which i need the 50 ammo abilties i am usually out of ammo quite fast, considering that a single emplacment cost me up to 50-100 ammo (50 when using assault ability, 50 when i use the nade bundle).
Thought idk how to make the cost ratio better. 15 ammo for axis nade with their range wouldnt be nice either i think.

I think this reducded prices of grenades are more logical with compare of artillery-shells and between each other (range/power/efficiency):
10 ammo for US-CW grenade/WH Volks Eihandgranate M39/WH Volks "Molotov coctail",
15 ammo for Axis Stielhandgranate 24,
15 ammo for PE AT-grenade PWM-1/WH HHL-3/US&CW stick AT-grenade,
20 ammo for flame-grenades,
20-25 ammo for WH Def Stielhandgranate 24 with additional frag-shirt,
25 ammo for Axis bundle-grenade,
30-35 for Panzerfaust shot,
35 ammo for Allies/Axis geballte ladung (explosion of pionees & engineers & sappers),
... and maybe I forgot some types of Britain grenades.
Last edited by XAHTEP39 on 29 Feb 2016, 21:57, edited 3 times in total.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Artillery barrage price changes have been proposed for this patch already and declined by Wolf. You're free to talk about it further of course but no changes are planned for this.