CGarr wrote: ↑
13 Jan 2022, 01:24
I like the Tulip idea. Not sure how I feel about a flat buff to pen on tetrarchs, but I could see an ambush ability on Tetrarchs potentially addressing some of the issues with RAF's usefulness late game if the Tulip suggestion isn't implemented.
- For RAF, rename the global Littlejohn upgrade to "Light Armor Upgrade Kits".
- Set description of said upgrade to "Provides 40mm Tetrarchs and Daimler Armored Cars with Littlejohn adapters, giving them a substantial increase in firepower against enemy vehicles and tanks. Camo netting is also provided to Tetrarch crews"
- When the "Light Armor Upgrade Kits" is purchased, give the 40mm and 76mm (HE) Tetrarchs the Ambush ability. The 40mm Tetrarch gets the Little John adapter.
- When the "Light Armor Upgrade Kits" is purchased, Daimlers get the Littlejohn, but do not receive ambush capabilities (essentially leaving them unchanged).
- If the global upgrade "Light Armor Upgrade Kits" is purchased, 40mm Tetrarch fuel costs are increased to 30 fuel, maybe 35(?).
- Post upgrade fuel cost for 76mm (HE) Tetrarch is adjusted as deemed fitting by devs, if changed at all. I'm leaning towards no change, but I am not opposed to an increase.
- Post upgrade MP cost for both Tetrarch versions is adjusted as deemed fitting by devs, if changed at all. I'm leaning towards no change, but I am not opposed to an increase.
Reasoning for 40mm Tetrarch change suggestion:
It'd make 40mm Tetrarchs a bit more useful against mediums since they are small enough that hiding spots wouldn't be hard to find, allowing them to get some shots on rear armor of medium tanks/TD's, or to get a near-guaranteed quick kill on a light vehicle.
This isn't a massive buff, as their damage is still pretty low and they'd likely still have some difficulty actually killing a medium. Additionally, spotters and inf could negate this ability's usefulness quite easily, and it wouldn't be all that useful on the offensive.
Reasoning for to 76mm (HE) Tetrarch change suggestion:
76mm (HE) Tetrarchs would also benefit from having ambush. You can not always rely on exclusively on your inf on all maps to fend off Axis inf in the late game. Sure, RAF inf is extremely strong, but inf combat in general is quite reliant on the presence of cover, something which can be quite problematic when facing docs that have a lot of indirect fire options on maps where there is little cover available.
If you only have a limited number of places you can position your inf, the enemy player likewise only has a limited number of targets for preemptive shelling/bombing/strafing to take into consideration. This allows them to more easily push you out of a position without even entering direct combat, something which almost always heavily bogs down RAF players in the late game.
The 76mm (HE) Tetrarch having ambush would not rid RAF of this vulnerability (thus maintaining viability of intended counter-play options), but it would make things a bit easier on the RAF player late game, as they would be less vulnerable to arty spam.