Proposal : units can only recrew if they have at least one more man than needed

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
winterflaw

Proposal : units can only recrew if they have at least one more man than needed

Post by winterflaw »

The point of recrewing is that it's a cheap way to get a weapon or building back in action.

When a unit loses a man or men *just* before recrewing and so has the same or less men required to recrew fully, the inf unit disappears into the recrewed weapon, and it is then *expensive* to have recrewed, because you've lost all of the manpower needed to create the inf unit.

Occasionally this is something I want to do, but much more often it is not, and the cost of it happening when it was not intended is high.

I don't know if this change is actually possible though - might be built into the engine?

kwok
Team Member

Re: Proposal : units can only recrew if they have at least one more man than needed

Post by kwok »

Even if possible I’d rather say keep the option to recrew than to not. There are still situations where you want to sacrifice a squad to recrew. I think it makes a game better if you have to make a hard decision rather than be unable to have any decision at all.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Proposal : units can only recrew if they have at least one more man than needed

Post by MarKr »

I've never tried to do something like this but I suspect it is not possible to do. If I remember it correctly, you can only set how many soldiers are transfered from the squad to the weapon crew but you cannot set "recrew only possible if number of alive soldiers in a squad is < X"