High school drama

Use only if your topic doesn't fit into one of the categories above.
JimQwilleran
Posts: 1107
Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 15:05

Re: High school drama

Postby JimQwilleran » 12 Aug 2015, 01:30

You know, there is something about him. I am not the only person who does that. Recently butter, cyber. Do you think that we all don't know that we will look "unprofessional", "funny" when arguing with tiger? We all know that, but this guy is arrogant, proud and annoying at this kind of degree that we just have more pleasure in mocking him, than in sitting and watching his ramble.

He is like a mosquito. If you see it sitting on your arm your first instinctual reaction is to smack motherfucker. You don't wonder that this is a god's (whatever) creature. Here, we just can't resist too. He is just too different from the group to be left alone. People like him always get mocked, and this is internet where everything is permitted.

We all are grown up people, whatever we do, we do it purposefully and knowingly.

I say, it is all his fault that he makes others hate him so much that we leave mod's good for trolling.

kwok
Team Member
Posts: 1696
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 05:22

Re: High school drama

Postby kwok » 12 Aug 2015, 01:46

He is like a mosquito and you want to smack it, but obviously smacking it does nothing. Why keep smacking and making your own arm red?
But I see it differently. What I see is using a petty fan to put out a fire. People (not just you) think you are blowing it out it but instead you are giving it oxygen fuel to burn. Let it burn itself out.
If you want some examples of people who I've seen let tiger do what tiger does, look at how the devs respond to tiger, the decision makers don't fan the fire. It's not tiger you need to convince to make changes anyways, it's the devs. If what you say about tiger is true, then there is no need to fight with tiger.

Even if it is tiger's fault, fix the problem not the blame.

kwok
Team Member
Posts: 1696
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 05:22

Re: High school drama

Postby kwok » 12 Aug 2015, 01:49

If you take pleasure in mocking him, then id say do it privately and isolated. It dirties the forum. There is a reason why the mods moved the conversation to here: to contain the drama.
Don't let the containment leak for everyone's sake.

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3900
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: High school drama

Postby Tiger1996 » 12 Aug 2015, 01:50

Oh.. still even there? What a time waste!

But well, that's alright; as that some nasty dogs sadly seem to be still howling, but the caravan keeps on moving anyways... So who cares?

kwok wrote:This goes for tiger too, if people slander you, don't ruin your own voice by shouting back at pidgeons. Just say the points you need to say and leave it at that.

Ya, I did that since a very long time actually ^^ But I am surprised really that such a silly pointless topic is still going on over here even without my existence!!! Interesting :)

JimQwilleran
Posts: 1107
Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 15:05

Re: High school drama

Postby JimQwilleran » 12 Aug 2015, 01:57

Tiger1996 wrote:But I am surprised really that such a silly pointless discussion is still going on over here even without my existence!!! Interesting :)


Yes the discussion is pointless when you arrive, always.

You know kwok, u talk like that because you visit the forum not so often. Seriously, I know that your point is right, but all you do is judging me right now. You dont try to find any sense in what I and some other people do. You just keep saying that this "bad".

kwok wrote:look at how the devs respond to tiger
yea, I will answer tiger once a month with short "no" or "yes", this is suuch a constructive way of discussion.

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3900
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: High school drama

Postby Tiger1996 » 12 Aug 2015, 02:08

JimQwilleran wrote:
Tiger1996 wrote:But I am surprised really that such a silly pointless discussion is still going on over here even without my existence!!! Interesting :)


Yes the discussion is pointless when you arrive, always.


But I said the whole 'topic' actually, and not just the 'discussion' ;) I don't know how u quoted it like this to be honest! :P

Whatever ^^

kwok
Team Member
Posts: 1696
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 05:22

Re: High school drama

Postby kwok » 12 Aug 2015, 02:09

Tu quoque, no true Scotsman, annecdotal and ad hom.
Tell me, how would you know how much I read? You know my thought process through all of this?
I keep "just saying" this is bad? Did I not give reason why it was bad, how it damages your effectivity to argue for changes? That it hurts the community by driving away players and new people trying to find their way?
Maybe I sound like I'm criticizing, sorry if that's the case but my end all is to help everyone argue better so that real changes can happen instead of drama. This isn't limited to you and it's not judgment at all. If it helps convince you at all, I think tiger is annoying too. But my best interests lie in the growth of the community. This drama doesn't help that so I'm going to try to convince anyone I can to make this change. Maybe I'm having this discussion with you because I think you're of best state of mind to make this cultural change.

kwok
Team Member
Posts: 1696
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 05:22

Re: High school drama

Postby kwok » 12 Aug 2015, 02:14

If I am wrong in my method, then tell me illa: how can I get more people to come and stay in the bk community?
When new people and old people visit these forums and see drama and are turned away because of the people, what is the best thing I should do to get these guys to stay?

I know personally a few friends have left the mod not because of imbalances but because of the people. These friends are done with bk mod and it makes me sad because they were good players and were friendly. Hopefully, if I can show them that things have changed since they've left, then they will come back and more people will come and we can play a game we all love more.
Last edited by kwok on 12 Aug 2015, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.

JimQwilleran
Posts: 1107
Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 15:05

Re: High school drama

Postby JimQwilleran » 12 Aug 2015, 02:14

Ok, I will try to ignore him. But seriously it's like ignoring a mosquito biting you. Ok, I will just think about that how marvelous god's creature... CREATURE... he is.
kwok wrote:If I am wrong in my method, then tell me illa: how can I get more people to come and stay in the bk community?
When new people and old people visit these forums and see drama and are turned away because of the people, what is the best thing I should do to get these guys to stay?

No idea, I am seriously tired with that. I dont want to turn into Hawks, who is on a crusade. I want to have fun from Bk, which I do. I dont want to have sleepless night because of thinking about all those poor souls who leave or stay far away from Bk. My by-gone enthusiasm is gone. I dont really care anymore.

kwok
Team Member
Posts: 1696
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 05:22

Re: High school drama

Postby kwok » 12 Aug 2015, 02:40

All right. Thanks Illa, open-minded as always. I'm not asking you to ignore Tiger, by all means keep having discussions. Just refrain from wasting more effort than you need to and resorting to belligerence over debate. It's hard to see a friend being dragged into meaningless idiocy.

User avatar
Butterkeks
Posts: 492
Joined: 23 Dec 2014, 17:42
Location: Germany

Re: High school drama

Postby Butterkeks » 12 Aug 2015, 08:00

This shit is so deep I can see Adele rolling into it...

User avatar
Butterkeks
Posts: 492
Joined: 23 Dec 2014, 17:42
Location: Germany

Re: High school drama

Postby Butterkeks » 12 Aug 2015, 08:01

Tiger1996 wrote:Ya, I did that since a very long time actually ^^ But I am surprised really that such a silly pointless topic is still going on over here even without my existence!!! Interesting :)


Do we need your presence to hate you? I think not ;)

Armacalic
Posts: 125
Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 02:04

Re: High school drama

Postby Armacalic » 12 Aug 2015, 18:34

I'm not precisely a new member here, but extremely cathartic. I do come here to read the topics that appear all the time. It's all fun, including the stupidity that is Tiger and the misplaced energy that is Warhawks. But some times both get tiresome, seeing as it's the same argument every single time, specially with Obersoldaten that is Herr Tiger in his Panzer VI/T26E1, either completely balanced when he stomps or too weak when a lucky shot finally snuffs his single time call in. (Nice to know that continues even even now, 4 months after the last new topic I read then.)

I hear people just saying that ignoring is the easiest solution, and you know, I apply it.

People, would you like to see what I see when I try to apply it?

Image
The red square being my objective, an interesting topic to read, the green diamond being Tiger.

It's funny to read, and it's funny to read all the surrounding stuff. But starting with Tiger, that stuff gets tired, you guys should come with a new skit to keep the masses entertained.

JimQwilleran
Posts: 1107
Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 15:05

Re: High school drama

Postby JimQwilleran » 12 Aug 2015, 18:44

That is amusing :D. And yes, you are right.

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3900
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: High school drama

Postby Tiger1996 » 12 Aug 2015, 18:46

Armacalic wrote:the green diamond being Tiger.

So, am I a green diamond really? :D Such an incredible pricey thing then of which I honestly never expected to ever become alike! :P

Armacalic
Posts: 125
Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 02:04

Re: High school drama

Postby Armacalic » 12 Aug 2015, 18:54

Tiger1996 wrote:
Armacalic wrote:the green diamond being Tiger.

So, am I a green diamond really? :D Such an incredible pricey thing then of which I honestly never expected to ever become alike! :P


Image


Yep, really alike.

Image

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3900
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: High school drama

Postby Tiger1996 » 12 Aug 2015, 18:58

Thanks! ^^
A funny white one is always much better than this ugly one behind ;)

JimQwilleran
Posts: 1107
Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 15:05

Re: High school drama

Postby JimQwilleran » 12 Aug 2015, 19:00

Haha, ok, now I just feel liking. This is almost like "awww". :D

It's so nice not to feel bad emotions...

Armacalic
Posts: 125
Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 02:04

Re: High school drama

Postby Armacalic » 12 Aug 2015, 19:03

Tiger1996 wrote:Thanks! ^^
A funny white one is always much better than this ugly one behind ;)


Image

As I said, this gae is funny enough to laugh at.

Yafa
Posts: 105
Joined: 25 Jun 2015, 00:26

Re: High school drama

Postby Yafa » 12 Aug 2015, 19:49

excuse me all , but actually i think this thread added even more credibility to tiger1996 by the way ... this topic has completely failed achieving its primary goals in the first place ... got widely disliked too on the first pages by several other members ... got renamed by the administrator later and also moved away ... simply because it's not objective for sure !
but maybe as tiger said , let the dogs just keep howling .. as they can not live without it !! and i believe like he said again this will not decrease his reputation or his influence at the end.

i am a lebanon christian , and i know omar in real life too. i do live just 1 floor above him at this moment now in qatar :- ) yes ..... i am his neighbor in fact and i do know his father since a very long time ago.
i am aged 40 , so i might not be a pvp player. but this not means i never participate ;- ) only when i get some enough free time with him.
i don't like to tell about omar's personal info in public ... but as an arabic christian ... i can admit he is one of the greatest muslims i have ever met in my whole own life as well. he is from a great family too ... his uncle is one of the most important persons in the middle east , if not even in the world media. how not if he was such a great person leading al-jazeera channel seeking the truth for about 20 years now?
he is close to me and i have once visited them on the masjid ( mosque in english ) and once again him or their generosity inspired me hard honestly.

i wish u really a good luck with ur whole life omar !!! a long live with dignity my son.

JimQwilleran
Posts: 1107
Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 15:05

Re: High school drama

Postby JimQwilleran » 12 Aug 2015, 20:25

He can be a great person, he may have a great dad and whole family, but that doesn't automatically mean that he is Bk expert.

This is a classic argumentum ad hominem. His great personal life is not a reason why he should be treated on bk forum in different way than other people.

I am happy for your friendship though :).

Armacalic
Posts: 125
Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 02:04

Re: High school drama

Postby Armacalic » 12 Aug 2015, 20:32

I'll reply with this, I don't care for religions, or colors, or genders or your skills at any given activity. Whatever you believe on, I sincerily don't care for. You all have your freedom to say what you want, but you will not shield yourself from criticism in any way, be it ignorance, beliefs or morals.

On the other hand, what you say to other people affects them. And they also have the right to say whatever they want. You have to heed the words of those around you just like you want to be heard by others.

These aren't dogs howling, this is people expressing their very real discontent with how Tiger behaves on the internet. Some choose to ignore him, that's their problem, they can't speak for every one else that does indeed fail to ignore such a troublesome individual like Tiger. Yet Tiger mocks them, antagonizes and ignores all criticism thrown his way, while expecting everyone to hear him.

Your real life behavior and achievements mean nothing in the internet when you choose to be something else. I don't care if you're a saint who saves children from burning houses for a living in real life, if you're fucking with people and ignoring them when they complain or respond, you're still an asshole.

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3900
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: High school drama

Postby Tiger1996 » 12 Aug 2015, 21:47

@Yafa;
I really don't know how to thank u for this one! ^^
Sir; u r the greatest Christian I ever met on the other hand ;)

@illa;
So, u r the expert player now?! While I am somehow the noob one??!! Nice.

@Armacalic;
Can I know who u r btw?? It would be honestly an honor, as I never had a conversation with u before actually... Did we probably play together at any point?
I am surprised u r also judging at me although it seems like I obviously never really dealt with u at any possible chance!! Even if it was just on the internet surely.
How could or would u explain this???!!!

Armacalic
Posts: 125
Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 02:04

Re: High school drama

Postby Armacalic » 12 Aug 2015, 22:31

I don't think we've played before, I've probably not even played with anyone else in the forum, the game just crashes on me too often for me to play with anyone, really.

Tiger, I have this hypotetical question, if one day you saw a man you've never met before while you walk in the street yelling at a woman, threatening her even, and then on the next day you meet this same man, and he greets you politely, behaving in no way in a displeasing manner... what would you think of that man?

You surely can form an opinion of that man, even if prior to that point you've never met him.

I mentioned before that I'm not really an active member here, but I still read most of the threads every once in a while. I've read stuff, and I've formed opinions. I'll admit that my opinion of you is not a good one from topics I've read, is that personally a problem to you?

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3900
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: High school drama

Postby Tiger1996 » 12 Aug 2015, 22:37

No, that's not a problem at all for me...
But what u clearly miss.. is that most of those ongoing discussions here do actually have lots of backgrounds of which u r definitely not aware of or about since u never ever played with us and saw how the game chat acts! :)

So these discussions are not the full picture even; that's why I believe it shall be best if u would just not interfere in what u do have no knowledge with!!! U just shouldn't support me, or probably do what is opposite then.


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests