What I personally think is fun with BK - Panzerfather

Use only if your topic doesn't fit into one of the categories above.
PanzarFather

What I personally think is fun with BK - Panzerfather

Post by PanzarFather »

What I personally think is fun with BK:

First and foremost: I like the dynamics in BK-mod. There aren't a strategy that is "the right one", there are thousands of ways to be good at BK and each player have the abillity to develope and make his/her own strategy. I like that there are plenty of ways to go about a certain attack, for example: Taking down tanks, you can hide your Panzerjaegers-units and suprise the enemy behind a bush, or put paks somewhere. Make Pantrums or 88s, or just place a Marder I, Jagdpanzer IV/48, Jagdpanzer IV/70 or a Sd.Kfz. 164 Nashorn somwhere and wait until the enemy comes, I haven't even mention the mines yet, or planes or arty. There are so many fun ways to take down enemy-units.
I get a kick from succeeding with smart trixs, like planing mines at the right place and fool the enemy to it, or hide units and suddenly suprise the enemy. That is one of the best things with BK.

Second: I like that each unit has it's weakness and strenght, and that they complement each other. For example, the Nashorn is very vulnerable to allies infantry with bazookas or PAIT AT, or any tank that have spotted it, but it is extremly dangerous when shooting down allies tanks and can (and should) often one-shot allies heavy tanks. It is always a risk to but it out there, and it needs to be supported with MG42 etc to have higher chance of survival. Comparing BK-mod with for example Age of Empire, AOE is a very undynamic game, it is monotonous and dull. Age of Empire it's about to produce the best and strongest units at highest quantities and just swarm the enemys base and win. No thought behind it. You can't really do that with BK, even if you have like 10 Shermans and try to swarm the axis base, depending how good prepared axis-team is to take down tanks, they can problebly take them all down pretty fast if the units are put in place good.
Each field on the map in BK has to be carefully looked at and thought through with what strategy to apply, which I love, you have to THINK and rework the strategy all the time. Very refreshing.

Third: Yes, the realism is very nice. I like the sounds and the way tanks and bullets work on BK. It makes everything intense compared to vanilla were each tank lose like 10% of it's health from anti-tank cannons each shot.
In BK, you have to be careful, most often (depending on which tank) you can't just rush in with tanks in new areas and just think "eh, I might just lose 30% in damage if there is a AT-cannon in the area, but it's ok" you can suddenly get one-shotted in BK and that is fun and interesting.

MarKr EDIT:
Deleted last part of the topic as it violates the forum rules. Final warning issued.

Fourth: I forgot to mention. I love the team-play in BK. Not only has each unit a strenght and a weakness, each doctrine have that too. Playing 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 , I prefere 2v2 and 3v3, each player and complement each other. If someone have a doctrine with few or none heavy tanks, his teammate have problebly a doctrine with heavy tanks, thus players help each other to compensate for their weaknesses.
That is amazing, I don't know any other game that has this clear dynamic.
Last edited by PanzarFather on 19 Nov 2020, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.

kwok
Team Member

Re: Personal Essay on "What Is Fun"

Post by kwok »

Can you please... just leave reason number 4 out.... Do I need to repeat myself:
kwok wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 19:55
The mod does not stand for nazism. It does not stand for any politcal sIt stands for a fun game that immerses players in the tactical military aspects of WW2 while having the strategy of an RTS that devs get to determine. This is basically "Xalibur handed to Wolf's mod". Not anyone elses, especially not a nazi's to be a symbol of nazism.
The mod is also being designed with the intent of ZERO politcal symbolism of any kind. Not multiculturalism, not SJW, not traditionalism, not anything.
It's. A. Fucking. Game. For. Fun.
This is the second time you've brought politics on to a game forum. I doubt you'll be let off so easily this time....
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Last time I'm saying this - leave your personal opinions on ideologies outside the forum, you're breaking forum rules:
9. No politics, no religions.

9. No politics, no religions, Personal political and religion views don't belong into the Forum, except we start them because we think they are important or we want you to discuss about them. This Forum is primary a gaming forum and not a platform to discuss political, religious oppinions or events.
Don't look for loopholes in this.

PanzarFather

Post by PanzarFather »

Ok, but can you respond to my other points then? There are four of them.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

It's good to know you find BK fun. Is there another response you expect?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

PanzarFather

Post by PanzarFather »

kwok wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 19:43
It's good to know you find BK fun. Is there another response you expect?
I gave you specific detail on WHY, maybe some responses on the details instead of just reply with warnings.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Just to be sure...you want us react to a list of things you like about the game?

PanzarFather

Post by PanzarFather »

MarKr wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 19:56
Just to be sure...you want us react to a list of things you like about the game?
You don't have to, but why always be so antagnistic towards me? I made serveral points of what I like about the game that you could focus on, all you do is come with warnings because I was describing myself and why I am an axis-fanboy and why I prefere playing axis against allies, which is about BK wich was ONE of these points, yet you ignore the rest.

You could have friendly reply to the other points something like this: "Yes, I am glad you like the programming, acctually it was Wolf who did the core programming, but we made this and this, the dynamics of each units is what we aim for and I like that about BK too.
I prefere 1v1, but I can understand why you like the team-play"

I mean, there are thousands of ways to respond friendly to my post, yet you focus only on giving me warnings. :/

kwok
Team Member

Re: What I personally think is fun with BK - Panzerfather

Post by kwok »

I don't think moderating is antagonizing. We also just don't even know what to respond to... it's not like you asked any questions nor have you even addressed anything I had originally written as a form of discussion. So I think that's where Markr and I am confused. If you look at post history devs don't always acknowledge every line that's written otherwise we'd spend hours just responding to sentences. Heck, most devs don't even respond at all. Sorry for not directly addressing your points, moderating the forum just came up as a priority.

The reasons you like BK are valid and we will take them into consideration for future changes as we do for all posts that come to forum. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

PanzarFather

Post by PanzarFather »

kwok wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 20:30
I don't think moderating is antagonizing.
Of course you don't. To my experience, you and Mark are the ones who have an hostile-attitude towards me.

kwok wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 20:30
If you look at post history devs don't always acknowledge every line that's written otherwise we'd spend hours just responding to sentences. Heck, most devs don't even respond at all.

As I wrote earlier which I expect you to have read, I said:
PanzarFather wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 20:23
You don't have to,
My following point is that you prioritize and focus on giving me warnings instead of looking at my whole post and other points, you FOCUS on point 4 that I made, the part you don't like, apparently there was no problem for you to prioritize that rather quickly than spending time on "moderating the forum".

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Just as kwok said - there is a difference between moderating the forum and replying to people. If we have something to say, we reply. If there is post and in it is some rules violation, we can just address violation and not reply to the post if there is nothing we have to say to it. And that was this case - your first three points were gameplay related opinions - there was nothing that we wanted add to it. You asked us no questions so there was nothing to asnwer. The 4th point, however, was directly against forum rules, so it was addressed.

You keep saying we have hostile attitude towards you. I wouldn't say we're hostile (if we were, you would have been banned already), but I would say we have irritated attitude towards you (or at least I can I have). If you're asking why, let's have a look at your history with the dev team:

1) You showed up in the community with some other players and started to accuse the devs left and right of runing the game and making the allies intentionally OP.

2) When asked for some evidence, you first gave nothing, kept coming up with accusations and dismissed every player who had different oppinion than you as "allied fanboy"

4) You made a post here about how are "allies OP". When I tried to explain to you why the points you showed were not objective, or lacked the bigger picture, you dismissed/ignored it again.

5) I pointed at some of the points being simply wrong (teching up costs missed some values for allies, some of the unit costs you showed there were not matching the actual costs in the game etc.)

6) I made (at this point a rather angry) post, revealing quite a lot of possible passive buff combinations that make many Axis units strong as hell, yet Allies have no way get any passive buffs even remotely approaching what Axis have. Even with all your complaints that "allies are OP" you had EITHER no idea that these buff combinations existed OR didn't know how powerful they were. Instead of learning from this information and using it to your advantantage in the game, you just used that post as "devs are hostile towards me".

7) You guys asked us to GIVE YOU THE MOD (!!!)

8) You broke the Discord channel rules several times and got punished first by a temporal mute, for the second time you got a ban.

9) You come to the forum, say how we "blocked you from all communications" although your account is still active on this forum (so again, evidence that it is not true). Your account is still active here because you (at that time) hadn't broken the rules of this forum yet, so there was no reason to ban you here. But you come up with the same sort of topics that got you muted and later banned on the Discord, even though you know the rules here are pretty much the same as on the Discord channel. So you got a warning, that was for some reason unofficial (you had no warnings displayed under your avatar).

10) Today you made a positive post about the BK mod, which got us seriously surprised.....aaaannd you followed up on it by bring up AGAIN the stuff that got you off the Discord and for which you had been warned here before. You get another warning even when other people would have been banned by now for this behavior and you keep twisting is as if you're getting punished for criticising the mod or devs being hostile.

So you keep complaining that you're not treated like others but at the same time you don't act like others. So if you want to be treated like others, act like others - don't bring up topics that you KNOW are against the rules. Don't bring them up even if you think someone else said something that could be followed up by such a topic, just don't. You can complain or bring up allowed topics all you want as long as you're not rude or don't insult anyone and you'll be fine here just as anyone else.

EDIT:
I moved it here because it is no longer a game-related topic but "devs are mean" topic.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

I seriously have no idea how you, the devs, are able and willing to cope with all the shit thrown your way. Hats off.