it is a russian, a french and british ...

Use only if your topic doesn't fit into one of the categories above.
Jalis

it is a russian, a french and british ...

Post by Jalis »

... tiger.

little game.

You knows BK offer us early and late version, put these tigers in chronological order.
Attachments
kubinka-tiger-tank-russia.jpg
saumur_tiger_france.jpg
bovington_tiger_uk.jpg

Krieger Blitzer

Re: it is a russian, a french and british ...

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Oh.. just look at my beloved Tigers over there, don't they looks so pretty? :D And "little game" Hahaha, alright! :P

So, the 1st and the 2nd pictures are the Russian and the French ones accordingly; and both are late Tiger.E versions (Blitz doc) While the third picture is obviously the British one... It's the Tiger.H :) Which is similar to the Tiger Ace and Terror doc Tiger ^^

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

It is a good start.

The brits one is the older model, exact. IIRC it was the one captured in north africa (and the first one). Early models can be identified rather easilly because of the big cupolla.

It let you to class the french and the russian.

PS ; it implie one of the two is a middle production. French and russian tiger are different model.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

PS ; it implie one of the two is a middle production. French and russian tiger are different model.

The French one (2nd picture) must be the latest production then! Which is a late Tiger.E version.

But I suppose the first picture (Russian one) has to be the middle production, yet; I am actually wondering which model it could be...

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

The british bovington n°131 tank with the bigger cupola was indeed the first Tiger H captured by the allies in north Africa in 1942 and is the "oldest one", then you got the Early E type with the new cuppola (pic on top) still with the 2 optical windows like the H at the right on the mantlet, then E type "late model" in the middle with only one optical window.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

You are both right, but I think Panzerblitz win the game for have give explainations.

Big cupolla are always early production
Middle have new cupulla and like panzerblitz said still the binocular optical
Late production have the little cupolla and new moncular optical.

in the seven diffirence game, point also the russian tiger, middle production, have two light in front, the french tiger only 1, locate in the middle.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

The problem is that the picture on top could also be a type H with the new cuppola, at one point German classifications were completely off on units latest modiciations, some late Tiger type H productions had the new cuppola as well, if we could check the rear also would be nice for a better identitication :D

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

standartisation and making thing simple, was not really a german virtue during the war.

All is in the question words. You can point I was cautious enough to ask tiger production chronology, not the model.

So here the game was not to say what model is the tiger, but determination of the production date, early middle and late. Even the russian tiger is a H with little cupulla it came after the brits one who have a big one. However having the binocular optical, it is older than the french one who have lastest monocular device.

Sometime model for a tank, especially german ones, is a bit artificial. PIV F2 have been reclassified in G, and late G are really H, simply because change were progressive throughout the production process.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

I was being picky :D, i liked the game though.